Sunday 18 August 2013

7 day juice detox

Ok so this blog post isn't going quite as planned.

In fact I should rename it the 1 day juice fast that ended in disaster.

It started off ok, the first juice went down slowly it wasn't unpleasant but it was urm different.

The second juice was the same as the first and it still went down ok. My husband who was doing it with me already couldn't face his second juice so we were already on a slippery slope.

Then I started to get the typical "detox headache" which was expected so no big deal. Then I started to feel a bit sick, now I don't handle nausea or sickness well since I suffered from extreme morning sickness (HG) in pregnancy. It got worse as the day went on, I struggled to drink water, I managed to get the third juice down but that really upset my stomach.

I felt exhausted, I had an horrendous headache and felt terribly sick.

I couldn't face the last juice and thought I'd sleep it off and hopefully feel a bit better in the morning.

Off I went to bed (8pm on a Saturday night, very rock n roll)

3.00am and the vomiting started (sorry)

And didn't end until 6am

That was the curtain call on the juicing, I couldn't even bare to even go into the kitchen this morning as the thought made me sick.

So it's now 4.10pm and I'm starting to feel a bit better.

If a little disappointed and miserable that I didn't finish it but I've only managed a bowl of cereal today and there is no way on this earth I could of drunk a juice (blurgh) 

Worse bit is I have a kitchen full of bloody fruit and veg. 

I am currently researching how to make veggie soup and apple pie (made with golden delicious) 

So I may not be doing a juicing post but I will be doing a couple of good healthy food posts to help me salvage some goodness out of a rubbish detox :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi admin, thanks for sharing your knowledge, you can check out our Residential Juice Fasting Detox at The Beach House- Goa, India

    ReplyDelete