Tuesday 19 March 2013

The 30 Day Squat Challenge




I need to get fit.

I used to exercise a lot before I had the girls but I have struggled to find the time or in complete honesty the motivation to do any exercise at all. 

Luckily I am naturally very slim far too skinny, a bit like a pubescent boy, no boobs or bum so weight loss is not the issue, I want to get strong. 

I love strong fit women, if I could choose a body these would be like the one I would get...

But back to reality and my skinny little ass, I saw the 30 day squat challenge today 

and I immediately thought, 

YES! I could do that.

Day one 50 Squats and by Day 30 250 Squats... Ouch (but thighs of steel)

Why Squats?

What is a Squat?


In strength training, the squat is a compound, full body exercise that trains primarily the muscles of the thighships and buttocks, quads (vastus lateralus medialis and intermedius),hamstrings, as well as strengthening the bonesligaments and insertion of the tendonsthroughout the lower body. Squats are considered a vital exercise for increasing the strength and size of the legs and buttocks, as well as developing core strengthIsometrically, the lower back, the upper back, the abdominals, the trunk muscles, the costal muscles, and the shoulders and arms are all essential to the exercise and thus are trained when squatting with proper form. (Wikipedia)

I am also incorporating matching the squats with crunches and also half the daily amount of press ups (which could be my complete downfall as I have no upper body strength at all) to try and get an overall complete body workout.

Day one today I did 50 squats and yes it was painful but ok

But what surprised me the most was that the crunches was agony! I used to have abs of steel but two pregnancies by two c-sections in 17 months and no exercise has caused me to now have abs of, well when I find my abs I will let you know, they are currently missing in action!

I am already a little sore, so tomorrow will be interesting.

I will update on this regularly, if I have to give you weekly updates that means I HAVE to finish it, otherwise it will just get awkward and embarrassing and I don't want to start deleting posts because I am quitter Ha Ha!










1 comment:

  1. I am doing this squat challenge but I believe that if you want a bigger butt (I want it too) you have to workout with weights, it is more important how much weight you can lift than how many squats you can make.

    ReplyDelete