Wednesday 13 February 2013

Meet The Newest Member Of The Family!

Meet Kitty "Kit Kat" Dog Dog

He was born 14th December 2012 and resembles a Guinea Pig!

He is Shichon which is a Shih Tzu Brichon Frise mix (a rather expensive mongrel)

As per normal my cup was almost full in the run up to getting a puppy and it was going to be a lovely family experience, that we could all enjoy, a much loved member of the family....

Reality...

He is a little bugger that the girls are either terrified of because he nips... A lot! Or when he is quiet they mither him to death so he then nips them. Its a very vicious circle. (sorry I can't help myself)

But I keep telling myself he is only 8 weeks old and as soon as he is old enough we are starting puppy training, I also have Cesar Milan on my side, well on my Kindle. (hail to the god of dog training) which also got me thinking about my parenting style as I swore by Gina Ford and now Cesar Milan, I am sensing a pattern here!

Anyway I am remaining positive about the whole dog thing and as soon as this nipping is (excuse the pun) nipped in the bud it will all be fine. I have ordered him a dog crate so at least I have somewhere to put him out of the way and also he will have somewhere to escape from the girls, which I have no doubt he will need!

I might even put the girls in it get in it myself!

I did over hear my 3 year old yesterday saying to her little sister "we don't even like dogs do we Baba?" Really made me chuckle.

And I must explain the name, Kitty originally started from Monsters Inc but then progressed into Hello Kitty and as originally we were getting a girl it was ok. Then we changed our minds and got the boy as he was calmer than the bitch but, unfortunately my 3 year old was pretty adamant about the name so Kitty stuck, then my 2 year old added the dog dog bit and my husband calls him Kit Kat, phew! Which makes his full official title Kitty Kit Kat Dog Dog.

If that wasn't enough my 3 year old wants to get him a pink collar, poor dog is going to have a real identity crisis especially when he gets his bits chopped off!!!





Kitty's first day



Looks like he is wearing blush :)




erm... comfy?



His favourite spot

No comments:

Post a Comment