Tuesday 26 February 2013

Pre School Learning Tools

Back in November I was really at odds with myself over getting the girls either an Ipod Touch or a tablet of some sort for Christmas. I mean for goodness sake they are only 2 and 3 surely to god they are too young?? 

Well in the end we got them an Ipod Touch each, and I am pleased to say that they have been a roaring success. Yes they do play some meaningless games and will watch Peppa Pig on them but the educational value is massive.

Amelia has recently learnt to write her name and I put a lot of this down to the simple note pad on the ipod as she uses it to write her name (all the time) she also asks everyone how old they are and she also writes this into her note pad. Her grasp of letters and numbers has improved massively, she amazes me at times with some of things she knows, certain words she can already read and spell.





She is also learning to tell time from using this app, she now knows all her o'clocks and half pasts




She knows her full alphabet from this app





Another one that she likes to write her name on





And of course the good old fashioned way of pen and paper

This pad from WHSmiths is great as you can just wipe over it and start again, both my girls will spend hours colouring, writing, scribbling, then wipe clean and start again!



Here is a site that I have found useful for worksheets

http://www.writingwizard.longcountdown.com/one-word_handwriting_worksheet_maker.html

Also my local primary schools website has some great pre school work sheets on it.





I'm glad that I went with my instincts and embraced technology as it really makes learning fun.









No comments:

Post a Comment