Thursday 21 March 2013

Puppy Training



My cute and cuddly little teddy bear has turned into Cujo!

His favourite past time is chasing small girls around, he bites them whilst they scream.

Now he is only 13 weeks old so I know nipping and mouthing is all normal but after having a very unruly dog for 15 years I really don't want to make the same mistakes so puppy training it is. I also want the girls to be able to control him and to learn how to act around dogs.

Last night was our first class and it was bedlam!

I don't really know what I was expecting but it was a bit nerve racking at times with all these puppies running around wrestling each other. It's not so bad with puppies the same size as yours but some of them are BIG! Lots and lots of Staffordshire Bull Terriers, a very stout Bull Dog, a leggy Doberman and then a mixture of little terrier types. A recipe for chaos! (and lots of poo)

Poor Kit Kat didn't know if he was coming or going, one minute he was fearing for his life and then the next he is having a great time trying to hump a little terrier.

We learnt sit, down, stand and recall, I was very impressed with him he did really well, he will literally do anything for a bit of cheese.

Now we have to practise lots for next week and not that I am competitive or anything but we WILL be top of the class.... Come on Cujo, Sit!






No comments:

Post a Comment