Tuesday 18 June 2013

Fathers Day Gifts...



I'm a bit late with this post (sorry) well I have actually written it once and didn't save it, a few choice swear words were muttered I can tell you!

Anyhow this is what we did for Fathers Day this year...

I like to do something personal with the girls for Fathers Day, they enjoy doing it for a start and I think it's nice to have something to keep and remind us how little they were (are).

Last year they painted gnomes and as we are currently doing the garden I thought another garden based gift was on the right lines.

This year it was bird houses! Even though I'm not quite sure any birds would actually fit in the hole???




So thanks to Hobby Craft (again, even though it ends up costing a small bloody fortune every time I go in) I got the houses and paints, which I then lacquered after the girls painted them to make them water resistant.

They had a great time covering everything in paint and glitter (including my kitchen, glitter EVERYWHERE) but they enjoyed it which was the main thing and Daddy (and Grandad, they did him one as well) loved them.







I also got Daddy a Ladybird World and a Horrible Science Kit, as I want to encourage them to be interested in the natural world and science, I can't think of a better way of learning than doing stuff with Daddy :)


I hope you all had a lovely Father's Day xx











No comments:

Post a Comment