Friday 21 June 2013

Happy Summer Solstice





Well to be honest it hasn't quite gone as planned...

Isobel has a nasty bout of croup and I have spent the last three nights sharing a bed with her (how do co-sleepers do it all the time???) which has resulted in very little sleep, she has also been the grumpiest, clingiest little bugger during the day so not much has been done. 

And then yesterday to top it off my sewing machine died!!! Not that it was totally unexpected as it must nearly 20 years old and was handed down to me so I can't complain too much but still ARGH!!! 

Thus resulted in most of yesterday hunting down a new machine. I want to properly upgrade next year to an all singing and dancing embroidery machine so I didn't want to spend a lot and thanks to good old eBay I found one. 

So my Summer Solstice was spent driving to Manchester with a poorly moaning child to pick up a new sewing machine.

We did manage to make some sun cupcakes this afternoon and I have discovered that cake decorating REALLY isn't my thing! I was rubbish, impatient and lost interest after about a minute but the girls enjoyed it.

Amelia also now thinks it will snow tomorrow after my shambolic attempt at explaining what midsummer was all about.

Just rubbish! But I did buy some lovely Sweet Williams to cheer up my kitchen table :)

Lets hope winter doesn't appear just yet...


No comments:

Post a Comment