Tuesday 11 June 2013

What a difference a table makes...






My very talented husband turned his hand to carpentry a few weeks ago and made a fabulous garden table out of old scaffolding boards that were originally destined for our log burner next winter (curtesy of my Dad, thanks Dad!).

I was trawling eBay for an old dining table that I could paint up and looking for inspiration on Pinterest (which will eventually be my downfall, remember this moment when you see me on Sky News defending my right to sell my own children for stuff I've fallen in love with on sodding Pinterest)

Anyhow I came across scaffold tables and showed them to my OH whilst I idly suggested that he could make one, thinking no way on this earth would he do it but he did!

And not only did he make it with enthusiasm, he made it in only a day and a bit AND it's great! I love it!

It has totally transformed how we use our garden, I have sewed on it, we have eaten virtually every meal at it (ok the beautiful weather has helped ALOT), we've had a family BBQ where 11 people comfortably sat around it, the girls have painted & drawn at it and if the apocalypse ever happens its easily strong enough for us to hide under...

It truly has changed our summer habits, just praying now that we get lots more nice weather to use it.

Saying that though, I was even planning autumn BBQs, cosied around the chimnea and eating at the table (I've gone mad!!)

I still need to sort chairs out for it, I think I'm going for a mix of wood and old wrought iron, I've not decided yet. Lots more Pinterest browsing to do....

My husband also appears to have "the bug" and is going to make me a pergola and a bench next.

All exciting stuff for my garden, what with new flower borders going in, my soon to be completed veggie patch, I am a happy girl.

I will keep you posted :)





No comments:

Post a Comment