Wednesday 25 April 2012

Madeleine McCann

A lot is in the press today re the search for little Madeleine McCann and I know people are entitled to their opinions but certain comments I have read today just make me angry.


Whatever peoples opinions are of her parents and I know a lot of them are bad, this should not distract from the fact that this little girl is missing, whether presumed dead or not it doesn't matter.


As parents we all do things that leave our children open to the hands of predators, whether it being letting them play in our gardens, leaving them in the car whilst we go into the petrol station/shop... whatever, we all do things that in the wrong place or time could lead to devastating results.


God forbid should anything happen to one of my girls I would hope and pray that the authorites or the people of this country wouldn't just "give up" looking for her because I wasn't likeable! 


**Update** 
I want to clarify what my intention of this blog was:
It wasn't anything to do with the McCanns being right or wrong, whether they were involved or not 
It was not to say that others cannot have a view on the situation.


What upset me the most was seeing comments like "Well she's dead, so why bother" "LMAO Madeleine McCanns dead"


In my personal opinion we seem to have forgotten its about a little girl and we should be trying to find out the truth. What if she is still alive, do we just forget about her? And if she was killed, do we let her murderers walk free?


For me its about the truth.



1 comment:

  1. my god some people are so insensitive aren't they. We have discussed exactly this today. Regardless of the mistake her parents made I wouldn't wish what they are going through on anyone, it would break me if that happened to me and I guess they have to live every day wondering what might have been had they not left her that night. Regardless my heart goes out to them and Madeline wherever she may be. I pray she is relatively safe and well and one day reunited with her family. x

    ReplyDelete