Tuesday 9 April 2013

Bank Holiday Fun at the Beach

Well it wasn't exactly beach weather (it snowed on the way) but we are a hardy (Ha Ha Ha) bunch, so we bundled up in lots of layers, waterproof trousers and wellies and off to the beach we went.

I love the sea, for me it has a real calming effect, it definitely soothes my soul like no other place can. Luckily we live only about 25 minutes from the coast so we can go on a regular basis and there are some lovely beaches near us so I am blessed.

We went to Southport which is a bit more commercial than our normal beach but we wanted food, doughnuts and donkey rides with it being so cold. A little bit of comfort on a cold day...

The girls and the dog had a great time, even Isobel (much to my surprise) went on the donkeys and LOVED it. I think a bit of pony riding is now on the cards in the summer, I really love how much they enjoy animals and this I want to nurture as much as possible.




But sodding hell it was freezing!

The girls made a few sand castles, chased the dog and then we headed off for food as it was just too cold.

I am looking forward to a bit of warmer weather so we can go to the beach more regular, Amelia is already planning picnics.







A little bit of cold won't stop her from building sandcastles 



A few snaps we took in the summer at our usual beach




No comments:

Post a Comment