Saturday 6 April 2013

Sunday Catch Up

It's been a nice old week this week (well apart from Friday afternoon but I shall get to that later)

Easter Week meant hubby was off on Monday and we had a nice trip out to the beach in the snow! It was blinking freezing but a good day, girls were well wrapped up and they had a great time building sandcastles, going on donkey rides, chasing the dog and eating dongnuts, it was fab.


Then hubby went working away for the rest of the week so I spent a lot of time at my mum and dads, which I love doing. Even though I haven't lived there for 15 years (WHAT!!!!! 15 years!! Give me a minute I've just put myself into shock, 15 years???) deep breaths, lets carry on! My mum and dads will always be home and I love spending time with them and my girls adore them, Amelia stayed there this week with my 5 year old niece but I can't get Isobel to stay, the little clingy madam, she just cries "Home Mummy, Home".

During the school holidays I have my niece whilst my sister is at work, my niece and Amelia are as close as sisters, they bicker, they argue but they have loads of fun and are always so excited to spend time together it's lovely to watch them playing.

I took them both to the cinema on Thursday whilst Isobel was at nursery to see Wreck It Ralph, Amelia fell asleep and Ella was mesmerised but blimey it's not cheap is it! Nearly £40 for 3 tickets, 3 drinks and some sweets, I don't understand the logic of making it so expensive. Surely if it was cheaper people would go more often, I know I would now that the girls are getting old enough to go. .

Then Friday arrived, Amelia hadn't been well at my mum and dads during the night coughing. She wasn't too bad during the morning then after lunch the dreaded croup cough kicked in. I had taken the dog for a walk and my hubby called me to come home as she was struggling to get her breath, so off we went to A&E for the second time in 5 weeks. She was poorly little girl and its awful to watch, makes my heart go out to those parents who have to deal with child illness every day, it must be so hard. The children's department are wonderful, they get you in and seen within minutes and very shortly after the wonder drugs are administered she is quickly on mend thankfully.


Poorly Me Me, fast asleep in hospital :(


And finally we have sunshine!! It's still a bit chilly but gosh it's nice to see that sun. Nothing much was planned for the weekend, a few little walks with Kit Kat, playing in the garden and then a big family lunch on Sunday, just lovely.


Enjoying the sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment